Fun Activities To Do in February

Fun things to do in February

Fun Activities To Do in February

February with hearts on pins, symbolizing the month of love

Sutton Orthodontic Centre

Sutton Orthodontic Centre

Sutton Orthodontic Centre

The month of February is the time of love and friendship. People usually only recognize Valentine’s Day during this month. Yes, Valentine’s Day is something to get excited for and is a very fun holiday but it is not the only thing to do. Since February is the shortest month of the year with only 28 days people should try to make the most of it. Here are some things that can help make this month more exciting and entertaining.

“I love this month because it feels like it goes really fast and plus Valentine’s Day is coming up which I hope will be pretty fun,” stated Reanna Libertini, a freshmen here at Oak Hills High School.

President’s Day may not seem like an exciting holiday, it can be great because schools are closed for a three day weekend. You may want to take a little time of your day to research our presidents and find out some intriguing information or just relax and have fun with your friends and family. In February, the next event is American Heart Month so it is the time to go workout and make sure you have a good heart. Students can go outside run, jump, or even dance any type of workout can help you. It is also International Friendship Month so really take time and see the type of friends you may have. Having friends is the best but sometimes we don’t appreciate them enough. Show them that you do care because the smallest thing can make their day. Try to make new friends by introducing yourself to people that you don’t know, this person can become your new best friend. 

“Everyone is always talking about Valentines Day and not about anything else. Valentine’s Day is just one day out of the month what about the rest of the month there has to be other things to do that is not related to the Valentines Day,” stated Vanessa Urista, a freshmen here at OHHS. 

Even with all this fun, Valentine’s Day is still one of the most popular times during the year. Having someone to give something to is always nice but it’s not all about that. We all have that close friend or that important person to us so you can give them something whether it is big or small. Not everything needs to be materialistic but rather the thought that counts the most. This is a great month to cherish your loved ones and yourself.