Filed under Entertainment

Netflix Movie Review: Bird Box

Bird Box is a movie that all audiences can enjoy and watch

Screenshot of scenes from the movie, screenshot taken by Esmeralda Rios

Bird Box is a very popular movie that came out December 13, 2018 and has been spreading across social media like wildfire. The movie was directed by Susanne Bier, a Danish film director, and the book that the movie was based off was written by Josh Malerman. This movie is viewed as a psychological or supernatural horror allegory to anyone who watches it. Some students at Oak Hills High School have been saying that, yes Bird Box is a good movie but should not have been that big of a deal.

“The movie was alright but people are making it a really big deal and it is like any other movie,” stated freshmen, Vanessa Urista here at OHHS.

The movie goes back and forth to the past and the present time and what they did to survive throughout the movie. One day the reports came in talking about what has been happening in Russia. Next the news had been filled with an unreasonable amount of mass suicides which made people panic and start preparing for it to reach them. Then as the movie proceeded there was something out in the wild that the people could not look at it and if you did you would automatically kill yourself or it would find a way to make you kill yourself. This object or person was never showed but it was the cause for the unreasonable suicides throughout the movie. 

The starring actors of the movie are the two sisters Malorie (Sandra Bullock) and Jessica (Sarah Paulson). Malorie was pregnant and single so her only help or support was her sister therefore she was always the one to take her to her checkups and get her anything she needed. 

The movie has been put on Netflix as a horror film but other people can consider it to be more of a suspenseful and action filled movie. If you are really into watching actual horror movies this might not be the flim for you. On the other hand if you like movies with suspense and survival this just might be the movie for you.

“The movie was great but I do not consider it as a horror movie it is more action but it was still a good movie” stated freshmen, Javon Comas here at OHHS.

Bird Box is a movie that all audiences can enjoy and watch. If you would like to watch this movie, you can go onto Netflix and search Bird Box or you can find it under the horror and recently added sections.