AVID Starts Recruiting Students for the 2019-2020 School Year

Paper applications are now available for students who would like to join AVID for the 2019-2020 school-year.

Melody Velasco

Melody Velasco

Melody Velasco

January 11, 2019

AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) students are currently speaking to classes on the Oak Hills High School campus to recruit from all grade levels for the 2019-2020 school year.

AVID  is a program for students who want to prepare for what will come after high school. The class helps students apply for colleges, complete their FAFSA, and how to maintain good grades throughout the school year. 

“If you don’t know how to [plan for college] the AVID group is very supportive and leads you in the right direction,” comments Isaac Badawi, an AVID student and junior at OHHS.

If you are not able to join the class, there is a club available.

If any students are interested in joining AVID they can contact Oak Hills High School teachers: Sylvia Allen (C-12), Rikki Morrell (D-16), Christina Maples (D-12), or Schey Morton (C-29).