Filed under Opinion

OHHS Annual Talent Show

2018 Annual Talent Show; The Greatest Showman

OHHS Annual Talent Show

Since we were children many of us have had at least one talent. Whether it was art or acting, playing sports or playing an instrument. Ever since the 1980’s people have had the chance to show off their talent in a talent show. A talent show is an event where people with different kinds of talents show them off to their school or to the world. Talent shows may even offer prizes to the winners and the runner-ups for their amazing skills.

On December 7, 2018, Oak Hills High School had their annual talent show. The theme for this year’s talent show has been based off The Greatest Showman. I thought that the presentation of the show was good and the skits in between each act had been funny. One thing that could be improved could be microphone management, as more than one person had trouble with the microphone being turned off or not staying in place and dipping down in some of the acts.

There were many different acts from Preston Grant’s “Hoopology” dance involving hula hoops and Matthew Pina’s “Stupid In My Own Way” stand up act stunned the crowd. Other acts include Briana Wood’s “Never Enough” singing act and Serenity Jordan-Hall’s “I Will Always Love You” singing act.

“I was thinking a hundred thoughts at once while waiting for my turn, like would I mess up? If I would fall. What is the meaning of life? [However], when I went on stage, the beginning of the song was a little rough, but as soon as I got into the music, it was perfect,” said Mia Carter, who sang “P.Y.T” by Michael Jackson.

Every act that had been presented in the talent show had been done amazingly and each person on that stage deserved to be there. I respect each person that had gone up on stage and presented their talent.

“Personally, the waiting is one of the worst things in the world. I’m one of those people that overthinks everything, and since music is my passion, you can imagine how I must have been feeling,” commented Mia Carter.

In my personal opinion, I believe that the talent show was a major success in raising funds for the school as well as letting people show their talents to the community of Oak Hill High School and I know next year will be just as good, if not better.

About the Writer