Firefighters’ Sparks of Love

Firefighters’ Sparks of Love

Ana Ascencio, Copy Editor

For a second year in a row Oak Hills High School is participating in a gift collection with the local Fire Department starting October 1, 2015 through December 11, 2015. Students are encouraged to drop off gift donations in room C-6. The toy drive is lead by ROP Web and Digital Design teacher, Sandy Glick, who set up the toy drive and plans on doing this annually.

“Last year we raised 300 gifts,” said Ms. Glick, “This year I have a goal of 600.”

All the donated gifts will be packaged on December 12, 2015 and will be delivered to the Super Target on Main St. in Hesperia to be collected by Sparks of Love Drive with the local firefighters, volunteers, and Sparky the Fire Dog. The gifts will be donated to foster children this Christmas.

Foster children have always had a huge place in my heart,” said Mrs.Glick, “I was a foster parent for such a long time and I just want to give back and show my students what community service can feel like.”

The Sparks of Love Toy Drive has been helping firefighters from California gather and distribute presents to foster children across Southern California for 21 years. They have collected 7.5 million donated toys over a period of two decades, and all of those gifts go to the foster children. 

For more information, see Mrs. Glick in room C-6 or go to the San Bernardino Spark of Love Toy Drive website.