12th Annual Band Spectacular
Hosting the band spectacular
Oak Hills High School hosted the 12th annual Band Spectacular on October 24, 2018 at 7pm in the OHHS football stadium.
The Band spectacular hosted 21 schools and over 300 students.
The schools included elementary, middle, and high schools.
The Elementary school included:
- Carmel Elementary
- Cottonwood Elementary
- Cypress SOA (school of arts) elementary
- Eucalyptus Elementary
- Hollyale Elementary
- Joshua Circle Elementary
- Juniper Elementary
- Kingston Elementary
- Krystal Elementary
- Lime Street Elementary
- Maple Elementary
- Mesa Grande Elementary
- Mesquite Trails Elementary
- Mission Crest Elementary
- Topaz Elementary
All 15 elementary schools were directed by Mr.Ingram, Mr.Keymolent, Mr.Portanova, and Mr.Spaulding.
The Hesperia Unified Junior High/Middle Schools that attended were:
- Hesperia Junior High School with the school group called the Dixie Sharks. The played the Baby Shark song and was directed by Randolf Sears.
- Ranchero Middle School playing Activity March this group was directed by Bev Ingram
- Cedar Middle School played Salute to Freedom and was directed by Shane Sherrodd.
The Hesperia Unified High School that attended and performed was:
- Hesperia High School called the Black and Gold Regiment and played Legends of the East. They were directed by Kyle Gardner.
- Sultana High School which call themself the Black and Teal Brigade the performed Wanderlust and we directed by Joseph Costantino
- Oak Hills High School with the Bulldog Brigade which performed Big Brother which was based of a book called 1984 by George Orwell. This performance was directed by Raymond Moreno.
The performance started with all 21 schools performing the National Anthem while JROTC and Color Guard presented our nation.
After that the school performed the song Shout it Out which is credited to rapper Mr.$hort.
Proceeding after that the middle schools performed in a parade like form starting with Hesperia Junior and ending with Cedar Middle.
After the middle school performances the high schools went next. Each performance was at least seven minutes or more. All three performances included pageantry.
Elementary director David Ingram stated that, “the event was great”.
The next band spectacular which will be the 13th annual band spectacular with be hosted at Sultana High School in 2019.