Fun Autumn Activities

See the many things you can do this season

October 8, 2018

Autumn leaves

Autumn leaves

Fall is finally here and the leaves are changing to red. It is the end of summer and the beginning of the coming winter months. So get your blankets and pillows ready to start the new season; wake up the scarecrow and put him in the front yard. If you don’t know what to do to begin the Autumn season then here are some things to do.

• Read a book inside/outside

The feeling of sitting on your couch cocooned by fuzzy blankets and puffy pillows is just too comfortable to not do, or even sitting on a porch a listen to the leaves fall. Perhaps read a mystery, romance, humor, suspense – any book will do, even short stories or poems.

• Make an Autumn playlist

Put your favorite tunes for Autumn and relax while it plays or create a playlist for a friend to listen during the season. A playlist doesn’t have to be very long, just have relaxing songs that will make you want to watch the leaves fall while it plays.

• Doodle

You don’t have to be an artist to doodle, just draw a simple leaf or tree to symbolize the Autumn season. Taking out a pen and paper can be very relaxing and can bring out your creativity.

• Clean/organize your bedroom

Organizing your room is a good way to start the new season. This allows to destress yourself of all that clutter and feel like a whole new person. Walking into your new and improved room will make you want to stay there, cuddled up, forever. It allows you to decorate for the upcoming seasons and holidays too. 

• Make a fort

Go back to when you were a little kid, and build a tent in your room or living area to have you own private space to sleep, draw, play games, or talk to your friends. A fort is a free space where you can have fun and enjoy your own company or your best friend.

• Go to the park

Local park in Lake Arrowhead

Parks during the fall time has a great scenery. You can go venture out alone or bring friends to hang out.

• Have a bonfire

This is a great way to connect with people and still be warm in the fall weather.

• Make a thankful tree/basket/jar

Get a piece of paper, write down what you are grateful for and pass it around. You can even get a jar or basket and just fill it with things you are thankful for.

• Watch movies with popcorn

You can watch your favorite classic movies like Pretty Woman or even watch a scary movie with friends or family, you can even watch a movie by yourself. You can even watch a marathon of movies you like to watch and eat popcorn or other favorite snacks.

• Get a spicy pumpkin latte

Apple cider is a good way to help you get into the fall spirit.

The spicy pumpkin latte is an exclusive drink that comes out every fall season. If you have not already tried it, this is a great way to expand your personal menu.

• Carve pumpkins

To put stars into your pumpkin, you can use a cookie cutter and use a hammer to make a cool star pattern.

Though it’s traditional, carving pumpkins are creative in their own way by carving funny faces or even carve a something artistic. This can really put you in the cozy fall mood and get a head start on Halloween decorations.

• Decorate the front porch/front yard

Place round pumpkins and decorative leaves or even a scarecrow to keep away the birds from eating you crafts.

• Bake a pie

There is nothing like Autumn without baking a pie with your family. A pie is a traditional treat that can be made by various things.

• Camp out in the backyard

Camp out with family or friends for fun time and to also tune yourself in with nature. The weather may be a little bit more on the chilly side so make sure to grab lots of blankets and perhaps even have a fire going.

• Go to a pumpkin patch

The pumpkin patch in Oak Glen has a good and cheap pumpkin patch.

Pumpkin patches are a great place to have fun with friends and family. It is also a perfect spot for cute Instagram photos, that are sure to have your social media blowing up with positivity.