It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Season after season

Season 13, Episode 2

Season 13, Episode 2 "The Gang Escapes". Frank, Charlie, Dennis and Mac all leaning over Dees' hospital bed for a picture.

Paulina Lopez

Paulina Lopez

Haley Tudor, Editor/Writer

Today it’s difficult to find a show to watch that doesn’t bore you, or make you want to change the channel within the first five minutes. Everything has one basic plot, and it’s the same thing for every episode, and sometimes, every season. There is one show though that has to interest anyone that turns on their tv and comes across it, and this show is It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

IASIP has 7 to 15 episodes every season, and has regularly started to only have 10 episodes every season ever since season 8. These episodes are about 22 minutes long, and fit in as much entertainment you need so you never feel like you need more. This show has been active since August 4, 2005, and is still as hilarious as it was then. Another good thing is it also doesn’t have a crappy sitcom laugh track.

On September 5th, the 13th season of IASIP premiered on FXX. This season is full of its original and iconic inappropriate jokes, and its unique type of comedy. There are so far three episodes that have been released, and there’s only more to come.

In a recap about IASIP and the current episodes that have been released, the gang has already managed to get into many fights. From believing a dolls word over Cindy, actress Mindy Kaling, to trying to escape an escape room when neither one of them can work with each other, due to them all trying to “assert male dominance”, and to be the best man. Not only that, but Dee, actress Kaitlin Olson, went on a, what you would call, “feminist airline getaway”, where they all played a drinking game who could drink the most, while flying, and proceeded to get sick.

“The new season of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia is so eclectic,” states Junior Samuel Perez.

Charlie Day, the actor of Charlie on IASIP, (on Collider) talked with Christina Radish on how its so rare for there to be a show with so many seasons, and that he’s been grateful to be in such a position as this.

“I would have thought they were completely insane, but I think that’s the pessimist in me,” Charlie Day responds when asked if someone had told him that the show would still be here 13 seasons later.

“This new season is just so amazing. I love it so much,” comments Senior Elliot Ruiz.

IASIP has already decided to have a season 14, and is aiming for a 15th season. Hopefully, these next seasons are as great as the other 13. In all honesty though, this show is insane and hilarious, what more could a person want? I don’t know how anyone couldn’t like a show where Danny Devito, the actor of Frank, wears a wig, and pretends to be an art collector.

It’s crazy, but good crazy.

About the Writer