To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Netflix Original: Movie Review

The movie cover to All The Boys I've Loved Before

Esmeralda Rios

Esmeralda Rios, Staff Writer

Lana Condor, also known as Lara Jean, is one of the main characters in the new trending movie, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. This movie was released on August 17, 2018 and has been watched by a wide amount of people. It has been trending on social media platforms, such as Twitter and Instagram, for quite some time now. This movie has a sappy romantic storyline on a junior in high school who gets her five love letters leaked out by her little sister. It progressively goes on to show the whirlwind of emotions that Lara Jean and her fellow students and family go through.

“There is always going to be teenage love but with this movie it made it more believable,” states Alexus Ramirez, an Oak Hills High School sophomore.

When Lara wrote five love letters to the boys she thought she loved, she never expected for them to be seen. Lara had two other siblings, a older sister and a little sister. Their dad played a bigger role in their life as their mom had died when she was younger. She had a little sister named Anna Cathcart also known as Kitty. One Saturday night Kitty and Lara were having a Golden Girls marathon. Kitty happened to think that it was quite depressing for her sixteen year old sister to being doing this on weekend. So as a result Kitty decided to leak all 5 of her love letters, in hopes that she would find a love interest.

“I love this movie I can watch it over and over again,” Alexis Darling, an OHHS freshman commented.

Many people nowadays don’t believe in teenage love, but after watching this movie that perspective could have a change. Noah Centineo, in the movie as Peter Kavinsky, is considered to be one of the cutest guys in the movie.  The Ski Trip is one of the main events in the movie and where all the magic happens. However, on the trip there is always going to be that person that tries to mess up the whole thing and want to ruin everything.

There are so many twists to this movie and lots of interesting things that will have viewers on their toes with different kinds of emotions. Writing all these love letters made Lana want one for herself but she has been getting all these love notes from Peter and realizes what she has to do.

After watching the movie you’ll realize that having a kiss in a field always seemed very romantic but who would of thought it would be a field that you play lacrosse on.

About the Contributor