Filed under Sports

Lady Bulldogs Triumph Over Diamondbacks

The Lady Bulldogs take a bite out of Serrano's volleyball MRL winning streak

Lady Bulldogs (Leilani Goad, Elizabeth Uelese, and Madison Gardner) on the court awaiting their teammates move

Syndie Russo

Syndie Russo

The Oak Hills High School volleyball game took place on September 11, 2018. The game started later than the scheduled time of 5:30 PM. In remembrance of 9/11, the Lady Bulldogs were given flags to cover themselves with as they walked onto the court. There was also a choir performance and a presentation of the National Anthem.

After the ceremony, the game began.

Serrano, the Diamondbacks, started off the game with a strong serve which lead to a rally and ended with one of the captains, Elizabeth Uelese (#11), tipping the volleyball over the net, causing the first point of the game. The crowd was absolutely ecstatic and the girls immediately started congrating each other.

Continuing on with the game, Savanah Caudle (#9) brought in another point with an ace and another tip from Elizabeth (#11) put the Bulldog volleyball team in the lead. As the volleying went on there is was amazing save from Keilana (#3). Karen Delgadillo (#10) served up an ace, leaving the crowd to go wild.

Madison Gardner (#7) comes in with a tip, keeping the Bulldogs in the lead and once again Elizabeth (#11) was able to come in with an approach and came down with a spike. At the timeout, the scoreboard was 17 to 11 with Lady Bulldogs in the lead. Finally, with a block from Madi Highsmith (#13) and Keilana (#3), the Lady Bulldogs win the first set.

The second set starts immediately after with the crowd on their feet. Leilani Goad (#2) comes up in the second set with some amazing digs, leaving OHHS fans stunned and hyped up. Madi (#13) started ringing in points for the Lady Bulldogs with sensational strikes and finally a tip bringing them to another win.

The third set, unfortunately was won by Serrano. However, the two teams went into overtime and came out as our Lady Bulldogs winning the fourth set.

Overall our Lady Bulldogs did a fantastic job and we will continue to support them!

Sydnie Russo
Two teammates block a pass from a player of the Serrano volleyball team