OHHS Senior Sunrise

Class of 2019 has their 10th annual senior event

The sunrise looks over Oak Hills High School during the Senior Sunrise breakfast.

Andrew Lentz

Andrew Lentz

Andrew Lentz and Alissa Paz

On August 24th, the Senior Sunrise took place at the Oak Hills High School football stadium. This event was conducted by the ASB staff and students, and is an annual event where the seniors get together and watch the sun rise. The real selling point of this event was ASB giving out donuts and drinks for free. Thirty dozen donuts were purchased by ASB for this spectacular event.

“I’m excited to enjoy my last year of high school with all of my friends,” comments Ariella Estrada, an OHHS senior.

Moments before the sun rose, waves of purple and pink clouds filled the sky as seniors filed into the stands and began to meet up with friends. Sitting in anticipation, some students with blankets, and others sitting with their cameras waiting for the sun to emerge out behind the mountains, people began to eat their donuts. At approximately 6:17 AM, shades of orange flames flickered in the distance as seniors began to cheer in celebration.

¨The sun was pretty good, but the donuts were better,” states Alejandro Moran, an OHHS senior.

Soon after the sunrise happened, seniors began to get up and leave the stands. School would start 30 minutes later so students began to scatter, either returning home, going to the campus, or sitting in their cars to enjoy their morning before school began. People piled out with friends at their side and donuts in their hands.

“I can’t wait for what’s to come in this new and final school year,” stated Eduardo Castrellon, an OHHS senior.

Andrew Lentz