Lady Bulldogs Dominate Home Opener With A Win

Lady bulldogs, girls volleyball starts the season off with a 3-0 sweep

Volleyball girls huddle up during the game for team support

AJ Figaro, Staff Writer

Coming off a second round exit last year the bulldogs opened their 2018 season in a non-conference matchup against Vista De Lago. The Lady Bulldogs cruised to a terrific 3-0 sweep over the competing team. Seniors Maddy Highsmith and Leilani Goad made great contributions to this big win, making big lays left and right combing for 12 kills. As well as making big plays when it came down to seal the game. Some of the big performances last night came out of Juniors Keiana Pascau and Hanah Libonati and Senior Captain Elizabeth Uelese.

Jumping to a great start in each set with a 18-7 lead in the first set. Senior Captain Leilani was proud of her team’s performance last night.

When asked how important it is to get on top early she stated,“ It is very important so that little mistakes don’t end up costing us the whole game.¨

Head Coach Omar Lopez feels very strongly about OHHS chances of winning the league title this year. They have had a great start to the season and hope to be able to keep that momentum.

This team looks to be off to a great season, Junior Keiána Pascua their motto says there motto this year is “Work Hard, Play Hard.” 

JV also came out with an impressive win, winning 25-15 and 25-11 in a 2-0 sweep.