2017-2018 OHHS Career Day

An experience for all those with big dreams

March 23, 2018

With the 2018 school year coming to close, Oak Hills High School held another very successful Career Day on Friday, March 23rd in the gym. The walls were filled with many wonderful booths sending great information out to the many students of Oak Hills, freshman to senior. AVID represented many colleges, San Bernardino County’s Police and Fire-fighting academy officials were present alongside Military representatives such as the Marines from RSS Victorville and the Navy.

Photo By Isabella Highfill

Travis and Deema holding up their checks with their families

Photo by Eric Cuevas

Victor Valley College Automotive Technology

A huge announcement was made at the college and career fair at Oak Hills High School, two lucky students won a massive scholarship of $40,000. Demma Nalsa and Travis Cadwell applied for a scholarship from Edison International, and found out today that they won this scholarship to help ease some of the burden of the cost of college.

Deema Nalsa, is currently deciding between going to either UCLA or UCR and wants to study pharmacology. “When they announced that I won, I felt shocked, excited, and thrilled,” Deema states.

Travis Caldwell is currently waiting for responses from his colleges, but his first choice is UCI. He states, “I’m so excited, grateful, and truly surprised.”

Both of these students worked so hard for this scholarship and waited anxiously for months for the results, and now it has truly paid off.