The Tale of Review

All About Peter Rabbit!

Isabella Highfill, Writer/Editor

Peter Rabbit, the famous children’s book written by Beatrix Potter, published in October of 1902, has turned into a motion picture. The movie was released on February 9, 2018, and is in theaters closest to you. The movie was directed by Will Gluck and has had many positive reviews along with popularity from the youth of this generation.The movie has been a hit and a big production because of the children’s book that was apart of many kids youth, the movie has gotten 58% of rotten tomatoes so far.

The movie takes a slightly different route from the original book, this is to make the storyline longer and more enjoyable, but to also relate to the generation and get a rise of joy and humor out of the audience.

Kimberly Matus, an Oak Hills High School junior said, “I liked the movie, it is different from the book but it is also really similar. As in it still has the same plot and storyline, but [the movie] changed it up a bit. It seemed like they did that to get to the standards of the little kids expectation, to get a laugh. It funny though, I think they achieved that.”

In order to not spoil the adventurous movie, a quick recap could help you understand it. As the story goes, Peter Rabbit, a young cottontail, enjoys stealing, hanging out, and eating in Mr. McGregor’s garden. The book is different from the movie because it was not quite Mr. McGregor’s garden anymore.

OHHS librarian Jennifer McCormick said, “Knowing that it is not just an animation movie, since there is people, makes me think that it is not just for little kids. I do not usually watch movies, I like reading more, so when I do watch the movies I always think ‘they left that out’ or ‘that’s nothing like the book’ so the two could be very different.”

There is many more details and more exciting moments to know about the new Peter Rabbit, but not everyone likes spoilers. Peter Rabbit is for all age groups and has been brought to life from the children’s book that has been apart of childhood memories for years now. See the movie in theaters before it is too late.