History in the Making

And then there were two...

Isaac Serrano, Sports Editor

Oak Hills High School wrestling captivated their audience with yet another stellar season in the 2017-18 school year. Fourteen varsity weight classes were cut down to twelve after league finals to take part in an Oak Hills hosted CIF for the second year in a row. The Bulldogs dominated the home tournament and sent five wrestlers off to Temecula Valley High School for the masters tournament to be the final deciding factor for who will go on to compete in State.

CIF 152 pound champion and varsity team leader Shelton Miller took 9th in a tournament he thinks didn’t go as planned, “the nerves got to me and every match was just terrifying. The results didn’t go how I wanted but I got the results I needed to move on. Going into state I’m going to need to control my emotions and take notes from my coaches to make sure I’m not going at this alone.”

CIF 138 pound champion runner up and varsity captain Johnathan, “Ohio” Orozco managed 4th place, heading into state with comfort and a plan of vengeance. He states “I’m excited to have finally made it to state in only my Junior year and I am hoping for the best, of course. I’m getting my mental reps in now so the process has started.”

State will be a first for both of wrestlers and great strength to represent Oak Hills High School for the California area. A bright look ahead to the future of their fantastic 2018 postseason run.

About the Writer
Isaac Serrano, Sports editor
Born on October 1st, 2000, Isaac’s favorite color is red. He enjoys working out, following up on sports, learning about kinesiology topics and nutrition, and talking to people. Isaac enjoys listening to hip hop and rap, and would describe himself as a charismatic leader who is interested in others. His favorite quote is “Am I a...