VVC Ambassador

Know more about VVC!

Throughout the school year there has been a Victor Valley College ambassador who has been coming on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Elizabeth Barron (an ambassador) visits from 8:00AM to 2:00PM and talks to anyone and everyone about VVC. Students can normally find her in the Career Center but only during the times given! Elizabeth Barron is free to talk to anyone, especially for Seniors who plan to go to VVC.

Victor Valley College is a community college in Victorville, California. VVC is a (community college) to go for those who want to get the right education near home. Many plan to go to VVC and sometimes it takes a little guidance. Elizabeth Barron is open to answer any questions that you may have. Not many have the opportunity to talk to someone as professional as Barron. So while she is still here make the most of it and gather the most information needed to know about VVC.

There are many High School students who plan to go to VVC but they do not know what to expect. It is very important that you take the time to research the college you plan to go to. Learn every small detail so that you are prepared for any obstacle or situation that comes your way. Therefore if you have any concerns, questions, or interests and want to know more about Victor Valley College then Barron is the person.

Barron claims, “It’s a cheaper alternative and it’s the best alternative if you don’t know what you want to do.”

College is very important and many still need to decide where and why they want to go, which is a huge struggle. From time to time there will be High School students who apply for a certain college and get rejected. Although one rejection does not determine your end of the world, because there are many great colleges out there. The situation is difficult but there will most definitely be a resolution at the end of it all. Colleges get applications all the time and they look at applications thoroughly in order to know whether they will reject or accept.

Elizabeth Barron, likes working at OHHS she states, “ The students are pretty good and it’s a very nice environment to work in.”                                                     

If Victor Valley College is the college for you, well then your special opportunity lies in the Career Center here at Oak Hills High School. Make sure you prepare yourself for what you need to ask and if you need to write things down!