Filed under Sports

Bulldog Baseball is Back!

America's National Sport is Back in Season!

Varisty
Varisty

It almost time for Oak Hills High School’s baseball season to start off with a good pitch. The teams have been working hard and the freshmen team had tryouts and picked their players. The JV and Varsity team have been working hard since the summer. Overall these great players are ready to get out there and play ball.

The Varsity team has been preparing for the 2018 baseball season since the summer of 2017. This team has been together for awhile and is ran by the fantastic coach Randy Galvez. The team has been practicing almost every Monday-Thursday and sometimes Fridays for about three hours each day. It is a great team and they are ready to take on challenges.

One of their main senior players, John Bike, said “The boys varsity team works very hard year round, and we are to exceed expectations this year.”

Varsity Sophomore player, Jacob Rangel, commented about the Varsity team, “Leadership is a big part of our team and we try to push ourselves to get better everyday.”

If you want to come out and support the Varsity baseball team there first home game is February 8th, 2018 against Academy for Academic Excellence High School at 3pm.

The Junior Varsity team has been practicing and working hard for the 2018 season since the summer as well and has practiced many school days. The team is well prepared and is ready to begin their season. This great team is ran by no other than Bobby Rodriguez.

“This by far is the best team on planet Earth. Everyone is just so naturally talented. Coach Travis is by far the nicest and most supportive coach that has ever coached at Oak Hills High School,”stated Sophomore player, Alex Madden.

Fellow Sophomore William Rivera claims, “I see a very hardworking and promising team for the future of Oak Hills Baseball.”

The Freshman team is ready for the season to start too! They had tryouts on December 6th, 2018 and picked their team on December 27th. The team began practicing together in January and have been practicing every Monday-Friday from 1:28-4 PM since lead by Coach Travis. Based on the preseason game against Sultan High School, they look like a really good team. Player Collin Lee continuously proclaims “it’s hard to beat a person who never gives up” which perfectly describes the Freshmen team.

The teams have been working hard and getting ready for there season. “All three teams work very hard and progress every single day. Oak Hills is very hard-working and focused on becoming the best in the High Desert. This team is the best in teamwork, sportsmanship and talent,” states Freshman player Kyan Lopez.

Overall these teams are ready to get out there on the field to play ball.