What do the stars say about you?

An introduction to astrology

Astrology is a very interesting means of knowing about how your life may be and what can happen as well as the best time periods to make specific decisions. However, this all depends on what sign you have.

There are 12 signs in astrology, categorized in threes into four separate groups. These signs are your “Sun Signs” or your ruling sign as professional astrologists would call it. Your sun sign is derived off of the time period that you were born in. Each month has a different sign for a specific period of time. The four classes of signs are Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. Each class of sign has its own personality.

Fire signs are characterized as passionate, dynamic, and temperamental. They can get angry and frustrated quickly but they can also forgive just as easily. They are adventurous, inspirational, intelligent, self-aware, creative/idealistic, and always ready for action. The fire signs within astrology are Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius.

Earth signs can be characterized by being “grounded” because they bring us down to earth. They are conservative and realistic but are very emotional on occasion. They are practical, loyal, and stable and they will stick by your side through hard times. The Earth signs are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn.

Water signs are characterized by their emotional and ultra sensitivity. They are highly intuitive and can be very mysterious. Water signs love profound conversations and intimacy. They rarely express themselves and always stick by their loved ones. The water signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

Air signs are very rational, social, and they love communication and relationships with other people. They are thinkers, friendly, intellectual, communicative, and analytics. They love philosophical conversations, social gatherings, and a good book. They enjoy giving good advice, but they can also be very superficial. The air signs are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.

As every class for your sign has its own personality, so does the sign itself. Each sign is unique in its own special way and everyone has two signs. Your sun sign, as previously stated, is what you show to the public about yourself. Your moon sign is what or how you feel on the inside. It is possible to have double signs for your sun and moon signs but you are more likely to have an opposite sign or a similar sign when comparing your sun and moon sign. The only way to determine your moon sign is if you know the exact time, date, and where you were born then have a professional tell you what your moon sign is.

The easiest way to describe each sign is to describe their characteristics.

Aries

Those with an Aries sign are born from March 21st- April 19th. They are generally Courageous, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, passionate, Impatient, moody, short-tempered, impulsive, and aggressive. The Aries sign is shown as a ram, thus ensuring that you wouldn’t want to anger them.

Taurus

Anyone with a Taurus sign is born from April 20th- May 20th. They are reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable, stubborn, possessive, and uncompromising. The symbol for Taurus is a bull.

Gemini

Gemini is born on May 21st- June 20th. They are gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, quick learners, Nervous, inconsistent, and indecisive. The sign for Gemini is two heads coinciding with another, characterizing their dual personalities that they have.

Cancer 

They are born on June 21st- July 22nd. They are tenacious, highly imaginative, loyal, emotional, sympathetic, persuasive, moody, pessimistic, suspicious, manipulative, and insecure. The symbol for the Cancer sign is a crab, which is able to help with the water aspect of the sign.

Leo

Leos are born on July 23rd- August 22nd. They are creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, humorous, arrogant, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, and inflexible. Their sign is a lion, this symbolizes their pride and also their arrogance.

Virgo

They are born from around August 23rd- September 22nd. They are Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical, Shy, worry, overly critical, and workaholics. Their sign is a mother like figure, this symbolizes their judgmental side as well as their thought process for every situation.

Libra

They are born from September 23rd- October 22nd. They are cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, fair-minded, social, indecisive, avoids confrontation, holds grudges, and self pitiful. Their sign is a scale, symbolizing how they can take both sides of something and weigh their options.

Scorpios

They are born from October 23rd- November 21st. They are resourceful, brave, passionate, stubborn, can be a true friend, distrusting, jealous, secretive, and violent. Scorpio’s sign is a scorpion, hence the name but also symbolizing their bravery and their determination.

Sagittarius 

They are born from November 22nd- December 21st. They are Generous, idealistic, have a great sense of humor, promises more than they can deliver, impatient, and boasters. Their sign is a bow and arrow, symbolizing their determination to get to where they need to go.

Capricorns 

They are born from December 22nd- January 19th. They are characterized as being responsible, disciplined, self-controllable, good managers, know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, and expect the worst. Their sign is a goat, symbolizing their responsibility and discipline.

Aquarius

They are born from January 20th- February 18th. They are Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian, runs off of emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, and aloof. Their sign is a jug of water, symbolizing their ability to stay true to themselves as well as change the ones around him if needed.

Pisces

They are born from February 19th- March 20th. They are characterized as being compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise, musical, fearful, over trusting, sad, desires to escape reality, victim or a martyr. Their sign is two fish swimming around in a circle, symbolizing their gentle nature around other people.

All these signs have their own personalities and they all define themselves as who they are. Whether you believe in them or not, they still can help define you as a person.

Each sign has their own compatibility with one another as well. Some work well with each other, some are not.

One of the most defining features of the compatibility chart through astrology cycle, is when Mercury is in retrograde. When Mercury is in retrograde, this means major events will happen to you or people around you. When you are dating, you will most likely find that your significant other may be cheating on you or they are losing interest in you. Deaths can occur and other horrible things can happen.

However, when other planets that are known for good luck move into place when Mercury is in retrograde, you can actually find out that the events may be somewhat good for you. You can come in to a large source of money, you can start a new relationship, or just something good will happen between you and your relatives/friends.

Professional astrologers can tell you the things that can happen on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. They call these things “Horoscopes” and they can tell a lot about events or things that can take place throughout your day, week, month, or year. They can be very beneficial to you but sometimes you’ll find that they can do more harm than good.