Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

Lets Get Stranger

Warning! Stranger Things Spoilers Ahead.

Photo+taken+of+the+Netflix+Stranger+Things+opening+shot.+
Photo taken of the Netflix Stranger Things opening shot.

Isabella HIghfill

Isabella HIghfill

The first season of Stranger Things came out on July 15th, 2016 on Netflix, and  the second season was released on October 27th, 2017. The creators, the Duffer Brothers, took this season to a more daring and exciting level. The newest season takes place in 1984 in the fictional town of Hawkins Indiana, and has aspects of the once popular sci-fi board game, Dungeons and Dragons.

“I loved the season, and I loved the show overall. I had a lot of expectations and a lot of them were fulfilled. I also loved the new characters and the obstacles they faced,” said Julia Nava, an Oak Hills High School sophomore.

In this season the kids refer to the antagonist as the shadow monster, but the scientific name for it according to the Dungeons and Dragons manual, is called a Mind-flayer. Along with adding this new conflict to the show, the creators also added new characters such as love interests, physical antagonist characters, and soon to be season regulars.

“I don’t like a few story lines they did, like for Number 8, it was really confusing. But I loved how they all grew up and how Hopper took care of Eleven and taught her everything. But I think this season was amazing and I loved it,” Leslie Garcia, an OHHS Junior remarked.

Along with the newest season coming out, an after show that is also available on Netflix, came out along with it. This talks about secrets, behind the scenes, and of course, spoilers. Actor and comedian Jim Rash is the host of the after show and sits down with the actors, creators, and directors to ask them questions we have been wondering about, as well as insight you may not have understood that they point out and explain. 

Nava added, “At first I thought it was going to be really bad and I didn’t think I would like it but I actually really liked it because it was a tell all for the behind the scenes action and it was interesting to hear the actors and producers point of view.”

There is more to come for Stranger Things, from a demogorgon to pollywogs and all the wild 80’s hairstyles in between. After watching Stranger Things season 2, to help wrap your head around the suspenseful and cliff-hanging episodes, be sure to watch the after show to get more insight on this addicting show. 

Happy binging!

1 Comment

One Response to “Lets Get Stranger”

1. Gabriela Limon on November 17th, 2017 2:08 pm

Very creative title! Stranger Things is a really good show and I like they was this article talked about the show.

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

Riverdale has Taken the World by Storm

• Entertainment

OHHS Fashion: Love at First Buy

• Entertainment

Summer Bucket List

• Entertainment

Oh What to Do

• Entertainment

Party Planning City

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

Beauty and the Beast Movie Comparison: 1991 VS. 2017

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

Stranger Things 2

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

Alexander Hamilton: The musical

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

My Super Sweet 16 Will Be Back On MTV

• Lets Get Stranger

Entertainment

Take a Look at Coney Island

Lets Get Stranger