Meet the New Vice Principal of OHHS: Mr. Story

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit - you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." -Paul "Bear" Bryant

Mr.+Story

Mr. Story

Mr. Story

Ashley Flores

Mr. Story

Ashley Flores

Ashley Flores

Mr. Story

After our former principal Larry Porras left Oak Hills High School to work with the district, Michael Capps stepped up and decided to fill in as the new principal of OHHS; however, there was something missing: the vice principal. 

Meet Jason Story, the new vice principal of OHHS. Mr. Story was born on March 20, 1974, in Southern California and has spent a majority of his life here in Hesperia. His parents divorced when he was around two years old and his mother remarried when he was four, and he has one brother and two sisters.

“They are 14 and 16 years younger, so we were not as close,” says Mr. Story regarding his siblings, “But it was fun, everything was about me for a while.”

He attended Hesperia High School and was very involved in sports. “During my sophomore year of high school my team went to the semifinals of CIF, that was a good moment.” His favorite subject in high school was P.E. and history.

“Even though it’s a little dry it’s interesting where we came from and how we learned, different conflicts that went on, and seeing history repeating itself is very interesting,” said Mr. Story. After high school, Mr. Story went straight into the military. After the military, when he was in his 20’s, he moved around from job to job. Mr. Story has experience in work ranging from construction to sales. Almost anything you can think of, Mr. Story has done it. But never did he think that he would become the vice principal of one of the greatest high schools in the the high desert.

This is Mr. Story with his family

“I thought I was going to be a shortstop for the Saint Louis Cardinals,” commented Mr. Story.  In the year of 2000, Mr. Story decided to go back to school while he was working in the county, and get his degree.

“I got my Bachelors degree from Chapman University in 2007 where I majored in Psychology with a minor in Sociology and then I got my Masters degree in 2014 from Azusa Pacific University in educational leadership,” said Mr. Story.

One of his friends who work at a school offered him a job position here at Oak Hills, so he decided to take on the offer not really knowing what to expect. After a few months, Mr. Story fell in love with the atmosphere and decided to become even more involved.

“I started to go through the administration process to keep my options open, and a spot opened here, and I’ve been here ever since,” said Mr. Story, “I was a special education teacher here at Oak Hills as well as the head baseball coach.”

“I am really enjoying my new position and feel very fortunate to be working with a great staff and student body,” says Mr. Story about his new position.