Guitar Club: Fingerpluckin’ Good

OHHS students can strum their way over to B-5

Yuri Cain, Editor In Chief

At Oak Hills High School there are plenty of students who play an instrument either in band or outside of the school grounds. Out of the thousands of instruments there are in our world one of them stands out the most for some students. The guitar is among some of the most popular instruments that our world and creativity provides us. If you enjoy playing the guitar or would like to learn, then the Guitar Club is just the right place to go. Guitar Club has meetings on Wednesdays and Fridays at lunch, and also an extra after school meeting on every other Friday.

“Some students asked me about starting a Guitar Club and I’m a beginner player that loves the opportunity to learn from students, so I said yes,” stated Oak Hills teacher Dr. Rocky Comberiati. Dr. Comberiati is the advisor for Guitar Club and has the meetings in his classroom, B-5.

The club allows students at OHHS to explore the different types of music that the guitar provides. It is a fun and motivational way to start learning something new and exciting without the harsh judgement from other people. Guitar Club is open to beginners with absolutely no experience and to professional students who have been playing for years. It’s a nice way to hang out while also learning new techniques from your peers.

“If you stopped by the Guitar Club, you would see eclectic groups of people playing a variety of styles of music, some teaching others, all sharing their passion and you would hear a cacophony of noise coming from the room,” said Dr. Comberiati.

The Guitar Club members stay hard at work while still being able to enjoy themselves and not feel pressure from more advanced students. If you’re not sure that you want to join Guitar Club immediately it’s fine just to stop by and see what it’s all about and the atmosphere the students create. Like most clubs at OHHS, it’s a good way to meet new people and find peers who share common interests with you.

So stop by room B-5 at lunch on Wednesday or Friday to join the club and learn new techniques on the guitar. The club has four guitars and an electric guitar for borrowing. The Guitar Club hopes that in the near future they will be able to find an amp and electric cord for their electric guitar and continue to rock on!