Finals and Christmas and Stress Oh My!

Finals and Christmas and Stress Oh My!

Raven Seelinger, In-Depth Reporter

Finals and Christmas and Stress

Christmas is right around the corner and our hearts are meant to be filled with love and excitement for the big day. Instead, for many people, it is a time of stress and dread. Why? Because of finals. During the two weeks before Christmas, almost every teacher has a huge test worth many points that can possibly make or break your semester grade. If the teacher does not have a test, then he or she will sometimes have a huge project that can also possibly make your grade amazing, or make your grade crash and burn. So, instead of enjoying the season of love, family, and happiness, students are forced to stay awake until 3 in the morning studying and desperately trying to finish five or six study guides all assigned on the same day. All while being told to get eight hours of sleep, a big breakfast, and to not worry. On top of the stress of finals, Christmas presents need to be bought, and they need to be thoughtful. Seniors also need to fill out college applications, and for some students who are employed, they are required to make time for work. All of this seems like enough to make someone explode, but nevertheless, we as students are “lazy” if we do not have the time for it, and our grades usually suffer the consequences. Fortunately, it is a short time period of stress and the reward is a two week break along with Christmas day itself, which is a beautiful time.