Winter Choir Concert

A Winterland of Music

Winter Choir Concert

Credit to Yuri Cain

Credit to Yuri Cain

Credit to Yuri Cain

Credit to Yuri Cain

Yuri Cain, Editor In Chief

The Choir Concert will take place on December 15 in the PAC room at 7 pm. Tickets are already being sold for $4 a person and $2 for ages 3-5. The choir concert will be taking place at Oak Hills High School, with the theme of winter time. Every year Oak Hills High School holds the Choir Concert for their school and for their students. Young and old are welcome to come and get into the Christmas Spirit. 

“The Choir looks forward to entertaining family and friends with familiar Christmas songs in 3 and 4-part harmony.”,  states Ms.Wells, when asked what students were expected to see at the Choir Concert. Many students will be performing different parts for the concert. There will also be groups and soloists that will perform ranging from a piano piece by Briar Stelling, groups such as the BULLDOG BEAUTIES, and solos from singers like Natalie Miller to Sam Bojorquez. Students from Advanced Piano will be performing pieces that they have been working on too. “While there may not be snow, there will be lights and lovely decorations on stage to enjoy!”, says Ms.Wells about what will be seen at the Choir Concert when our selected bulldog performers sing some of the most beloved Christmas melodies. The idea of the Choir Concert is to help get students and their families or friends into the holiday spirit and to have a night out.

“From what I heard the Choir Concert sounds like it’s going to be amazing, I actually have a few friends that are participating in it and they are really pumped for it. I can’t wait to attend.” Megan Knight, a freshman here at OHHS, says. Many Oak Hills High School students are thrilled for the Choir Concert and cannot wait to see what is in store for them. The singers have been practicing for weeks, anticipating the concert. They have also been having meetings at lunch to practice and getting everything perfect for the big day to come. With the Choir Concert fastly approaching, the students nerves are building up and they are participating in different things all leading up to their concert. Very recently Choir participated in singing at the tree lighting in the Civic Plaza.

“I’ve been watching them practice for a few days and it’s great to see them put in the effort for the concert on the 15th.” says, Dynahya Duckworth, a student who has seen the singers practice when she is free at lunch. She hopes that everything goes well for our bulldog Choir because they put in so much effort to make it flawless. Dynahya says that it takes hardwork and dedication to come and practice.

Choir hopes to see everyone at the Choir Concert on Tuesday, December 15th, 2015.