School closure is not stopping the 2020-2021 Cheer Squad. OHHS Cheer tryouts are currently accepting video recordings.

OHHS Cheer Squad Tryouts are going digital

The 2020-2021 OHHS Cheer Squad are currently accepting video tryouts

The 2020-2021 OHHS Cheer Squad is getting ready for the new school year with new coaches and a larger squad. They are starting the season early by accepting video tryouts from interested students. Students who would like to get involved in cheer must record, upload, and submit a tryout video of themselves by April 1, 2020. In the video students should show skills in jumping, dance, and cheer. Skills in tumbling is optional.

OHHS teachers Kyanna Ray and Rani Riddle are the new Varsity Head Coaches for the upcoming OHHS Cheer Squad. Coach Ray has been coaching cheer for 7 years now, competitive and in high school. Coach Riddle has been a cheer mom with her daughter on Coach Ray’s team the last two years.

And these two coaches are not letting the school closures stop students from trying out for the new squad, a squad with twice as many members.

“Doubling the size of our team gives us more voices, more spirit, and more options for stunting,” said Coach Riddle. “Plus, more cheerleaders puts more school spirit onto the campus.”

“We are looking to double the size of the squad this upcoming year to become a larger presence on campus,” said Coach Ray.

Included in this presence is the plan to get enough cheerleaders to build a 5 group pyramid in the air. Five.

These coaches expect nothing but the best for its cheer squad.

“The new cheer squad should look forward to representing OHHS in a fun, positive way by possibly cheering at more games which will hopefully include away games.” said Coach Riddle.

In addition to such physical and athletic stamina, students who tryout must have a gpa of 2.5 (from last grading period), be able to provide teacher recommendations, and partake in answering interview questions.

There is plenty to look forward to in the new school year, and Coach Ray and Coach Riddle hope to bring OHHS its best.

“OHHS should look forward to a lot more school spirit and crowd pleasing,” explains Coach Ray. The coaches are excited to provide more stunning moments at the Pep Rallies. “Stunting and tumbling will be major upgrades to our current routines. [We will also be] bringing along with a new, modern look to the team!”

For more information, review the flyer or contact Coach Kyanna Ray or Coach Rani Riddle for more information.