The College and Career Fair of 2020

Emely Zuniga

One of the VVC (Victor Valley College) representatives that is representing the VVC Instructional Programs at the Hesperia Unified School District's College and Career Fair event. With the pogram passing out information and flyers for future students.

Emely Zuniga
A stand of the Cal State Maritime and informer giving out information about what being in Cal State Maritime at the College and Career Fair. As well as reminding students how it defers from a military school.

The College and Career Fair event was on February 27th from 4:30-7:00 pm at the Hesperia Unified School District Office Annex Building. The event’s purpose was for 7th through 12th-grade students with their families to be able to explore colleges and universities.

This event also had career preparation programs and military post-secondary options. Many students from the schools of Oak Hills High School, Cedar Middle School, Hesperia High School, and many other schools with the grade level being 7th through 12th had attended.

Not only were their universities and colleges present, but also the Navy Awareness Stand were present for the students who were more interested in becoming part of the Navy community instead of choosing to attend a 4-year university.

The majority of the stands in the event were colleges or universities and others were stands of programs that help out with students who are educationally and economically disadvantaged. Some of the stands that were in the event were E.O.P.S. (Extended Opportunity Program and Services), the How To Get To College stand by The California State University, Victor Valley College Instructional Programs, VVC First-Year Experience Program, Arizona Christian University, Humbolt State University, U.S. Navy, and much more similar to these type of representatives.