Oak Hills High School vs Hesperia High School

Rival Teams Taking it to the Court

Oak Hills High School

The Oak Hills High School varsity girls' basketball team poses with their coaches, Kelly Hennessy, Jonathan Kelly and Eric Franco

Oak Hills High School boys varsity and girls varsity basketball teams will play against their biggest rival school, Hesperia High School, on Wednesday, January 8th. The girl’s varsity game will begin at 6:00 pm and the boy’s varsity game will start at 7:30 pm. It will take place here at OHHS in the gym. The boy’s record is 13 wins and 3 losses, and the girls are 7 and 4. The reason why this really matters is that this school happens to be one of their biggest rivals, and when you play your rivals it’s a must-win because you want to prove to the other team that you’re more skilled than they are when it comes to showing your best potential on the court.

When asking Isaiah Hyder, Oak Hills varsity basketball player, what will this game mean if you win, this is what he had to say, “It would make us more of a threat because we’re not expected to beat them and if we do win it will show us how hard we have been working”.

Since this is a serious game for them Isaiah Hyder also said, “This can be considered [one of] our most serious game because it is our biggest competition”.

When asking Aaliyah Wright, a player on the varsity girls,  if they were nervous heading into tomorrow’s game she expressed how she felt, “I feel like we’re not nervous I think the most pressure is on the starting five because so they can set the tone for the people on the bench”.