The Second Annual Alumni Game at Oak Hills High School

This is the 2nd annual alumni game hosted by coach Shaun Mora.

This+photo+is+of+all+of+the+bulldogs+from+the+past+and+coaches+Matt+Smith+and+Shaun+Mora+posing+for+a+photo+for+the+Alumni+article.+The+players+have+just+played+a+great+game+and+are+excited+for+the+next.+

This photo is of all of the bulldogs from the past and coaches Matt Smith and Shaun Mora posing for a photo for the Alumni article. The players have just played a great game and are excited for the next.

Anyah Hyder

Anyah Hyder

Anyah Hyder

On October 22, 2019, at 5 pm the 2019-2020 varsity boys basketball team played the Bulldogs from the past in an alumni basketball game. Being the 2nd annual alumni game created by coach Shaun Mora, it was an action-packed event that had the audience at the edge of their seats throughout the entire game. During this game, the young Bulldogs shut down their opponents on the way to a 73-72 victory. It was a back and forth game with lead changes throughout but the boys’ varsity team managed to pull through with a game-winning free throw by Isaiah Hyder when it was tied at 72-72 with 3 seconds left.

Senior and starting point guard on the boys’ varsity team, Isaiah Hyder, says, “I felt like all the pressure was on me to make those two free throws and win the game. When I missed the first one I felt a little discouraged but I stayed focused and made the next one and won the game.”

It was a very exciting yet stressful game for each player both on the alumni team and varsity team but every player gave it their all and put in the effort to win. To see the next boys’ varsity basketball game, come to the home game on December 9th, where they will play Adelanto High school or on December 11th where they will play Barstow High School. For further information, you can follow their Instagram @oakhillsboysbulldogbasketball or contact coach Shaun Mora ([email protected]).