One of the images from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It will officially be released in October 2019.

https://www.callofduty.com/

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

The New Call of Duty Game

October 8, 2019

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter game that is being developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. Modern Warfare is said to be released on October 25, 2019. We got a little sneak peek of the game in L.A. where many Youtubers and content creators were invited by Activision to play the game a little early and experience what it feels like. Other than the event at the headquarters, we got an alpha version of the game which was only available to PlayStation 4. The alpha was a test to see how the game runs and how people like it so far.

The instagram post discussing their opinion.

On September 12-14 the early access of the game was released on Ps4 to people who have pre-ordered the game. On September 14-16 is the Open Beta for Ps4, where people who have a beta code or pre-order the game can play the game. The Call of Duty Instagram was giving out free codes on their Instagram story and that is how many people got the chance to play. 

“I think the game was overhyped and it wasn’t as good as the other modern warfare games. It has the same feeling as a Battlefield,” States Oak Hills High School Sophomore Ricardo Rodriguez.

September 19-20 the early access is open for Xbox One and PC and the Open beta for Ps4 and on the 21-23 is the open beta for all consoles. The beta is cross-play compatible which means that Ps4, Xbox One, and Pc players will be able to play together even if they’re not on the same console. There are plenty of new options in the game that are interesting and cool to finally see. For instance, there is a new gunsmith, this is where you get to create a class and choose different attachments. Attachments are different parts for a gun which you can change, this is available for all guns. According to eurogamer.net ,“The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta is available across two weekends, debuting first on ps4 then to PS4, Xbox One, and PC one week later”.

A problem that’s going to be in the game is the fact that there won’t be a minimap, a minimap is a map that shows where you’re going and where enemies and your teammates are at. Many people in the community are questioning why there isn’t one but are okay with it since there will be a scoring streak that you get from getting a certain amount of points you get in a game which is called the U.A.V. The U.A.V. shows where enemies are at in your minimap but in Modern Warfare after you get the U.A.V. you get a map for a certain amount of time. 

Other than the minimap being a problem in COD, the game looks as if it’s clumpy when your character runs or does something, many people have questioned this but after many people have played the game it just feels real. So far the reviews have been great and many youtubers and content creators have given their thoughts about the game and many people have loved the game so far. This is so far all the details we have been given and everything you need to know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

YouTube

For further information about the game: COD is a first-person shooter game franchise that started first in 2003. The series has been set in modern times, the midst of the cold war, futuristic worlds, and outer space. Three developing companies make COD games and they are Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games. All these companies have a publisher to publish their games and there is the only one which is Activision. One of my favorite series and developers is Treyarch, this is the Black Ops series which I’ve been loving since Black Ops 1. After Black Ops 2, the games were a bit more advanced and that’s when Call of Duty lost a bunch of its players.