Jordan Brooks: Her change from Sundevil to Bulldog

Jordan+Brooks+is+on+the+varsity+volleyball+team+and+is+getting+ready+to+play+in+her+9%2F11+game.+She+has+been+playing+since+she+was+4+and+wants+to+continue+her+volleyball+journey+throughout+high+school+and+college.+

Jordan Brooks is on the varsity volleyball team and is getting ready to play in her 9/11 game. She has been playing since she was 4 and wants to continue her volleyball journey throughout high school and college.

Anyah Hyder

Anyah Hyder

Anyah Hyder

Jordan Brooks is a 16-year-old who was born on March 28, 2003, in Apple Valley. She loves playing sports, sleeping, listening to music(especially hip hop), watching Netflix, and trying out different foods. She plays volleyball and basketball because they keep her in shape and she is tall so it is much easier for her. She likes being active and likes learning new things. Growing up she lived with her mom, Vickie, her dad, Dean, and her sister, Kylie, who is now 19 and attending The University of Wyoming. Her parents later split and Jordan was living with her mom while she was attending Apple Valley High School and was continuing to play both volleyball and basketball. She later moved in with her dad who encouraged her to go to Oak Hills High School for sports because he noticed how good the sports were here and wanted Jordan to succeed more in that department.

At first, Jordan was frightened and nervous because she knew that she was going to have to make new friends and try out for the sports she was on while attending AVHS, but she was also very excited about a new start. Although her move to OHHS was intense and scary, Jordan loved it because when she arrived everybody was friendly and wanted to get to know her. Making friends was not a problem, so was not making the basketball and volleyball teams. The coaches loved and continue to love her work ethic and how she gives practice time and games her all. According to Jordan, the sports here at Oak are a lot more intense but she likes it because she notices that the staff and coaches care about her getting better. She also states that she likes Oak because they care about all sports equally and they help her better her future sports-wise and academically.

Speaking of academics, Jordan says that the difference between AVHS and OHHS is that there is a lot more homework but she feels that the teachers here help her get a better understanding of what she is learning so her grades do not slip. Overall, Jordan is a very excellent student at OHHS who maintains a GPA higher than a 3.0 and continues to focus on her grades and sports.

Jordan says, “ Moving to OHHS was a big decision for my dad and me to make, but I am glad that I did it because now I feel like nothing is stopping me or getting in my way of achieving my goals”.