2019-2020 OHHS Sports Tryouts and Summer Camps

The Fall Sports Season include Cross Country, Football, Tennis (Girls), and Volleyball. Additional information for Winter and Spring Sports can also be found here.

Giveaway table for 8th graders visiting the school.

Allyson Patten

Allyson Patten

Allyson Patten

The 2018-2019 school year is soon to end, and tryout for the next season of sports is about to begin. The Fall Sports Season includes Cross Country, Football, Tennis (Girls), and Volleyball. Details on the following information can be found on the Oak Hills High School website. Additional information for Winter and SPring Sports can be found here.

All dates listed here and on the website are subject to change, so keep in touch with the coaches and OHHS Athletic Department for more information.

For many of the listed sports, a current physical must be on file and updated for the 2019-2020 school-year in order to tryout, practice, or be part of the team. Make sure this information is updated before attending the scheduled events.

2019-2020 Cross Country

Cross Country’s Summer Practice begins Monday, June 4th at 9:00am. OHHS science teacher and Cross Country Head Coach, Torri Burke, recommends running shoes, comfortable clothes, and a bottle of water for all team members attending the practice.

2019-2020 Football

Frosh Football begins early with Head Freshman Football Coach Nick Wheeler. The Summer Practices for Frosh Football begins on June 3rd and are mandatory for any freshman football player who wants to participate in the 2019-2020 football season.

You may contact the OHHS Athletic Department about additional practices and information with Head Football Varsity Coach Robert Kistner and Head Junior Varsity Football Coach Robert Metzger.

2019-2020 Girls and Boys Tennis

Though the Girls Tennis season takes place in the Fall, and the Boys Tennis season takes place in the Spring, the Bulldog Tennis Summer Camp will July 15. Levels for beginners, Junior Varsity, and Varsity will meet at 4:00pm at the Oak Hills High School Tennis Courts.

For this July Tennis Summer Camp, it is recommended that players bring the following items:

Water (2 bottles)

Tennis or Court Shoes

Shorts with pockets or athletic skirt with spandex

T-shirt and Sunscreen

Tryouts for Girls and Boys Tennis will be held during the first week of the 2019-2020 school-year after school.

For additional information contact OHHS science teacher and Boys Tennis Head Coach Harold Zyskind, known to his team as “Coach Z”; OHHS Alumni and Boys Tennis Assistant Coach Luis Sanchez; and OHHS English teacher and Girls Tennis Head Coach through the OHHS Athletic Department.

2019-2020 Volleyball

Tryouts for the Oak Hills High School Girls Volleyball Team will take place on June 3rd for the 2019 Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen teams. Omar Lopez is the Volleyball Head Coach.

For this tryout, it is recommended that players bring the following items:

Water bottles (2)

Running Shoes

Knee Pads

T-shirts (no tank tops or spaghetti straps)

Sports bra

Shorts/Spandex (no jeans)

Additional Information for Winter and Spring Sports

Winter Sports

2019 JV/Frosh Boys Summer Basketball Tryouts begin June 3, 2019 with Coaches Shaun Mora and Omar Lopez.

The Girls Basketball Summer Program begins June 3, 2019 with Coach Kelly Hennessy.

For updates on Boys’ Soccer, please contact OHHS Athletic Department.

The Girls ‘ Soccer Summer training begins July 16th. It is recommended that incoming freshman who would like to be in 6th period soccer must attend at least a portion of the summer training program. Official tryouts for Girls Soccer will take place in October for all players who are both new and returning.

Summer workouts for Wrestling Team will begin Tuesday, June 5th. Wrestlers will be lifting, running and wrestling and are expected to dress appropriately with running shoes and wrestling shoes, workout shorts and a couple of t-shirts. For more information, contact Coach Dave Stidham.

Spring Season

The Oak Hills High School Summer Camp for Baseball will take place July 9th. Players are expected to wear baseball attire and bring water. For more information contact the baseball Head Coach Randy Galvez.

Softball Tryouts take place the second week of school. It is encouraged to listen to the school announcements for more information.

For information on joining the Golf Team, which meets regularly at various Country Clubs in the High Desert, please contact the Athletic Department.

Track & Field tryouts will be announced later in the 2019-2020 year.

For additional information contact the above coaches or visit the Oak Hills High School Athletic Department.