Troy+Bacon++wearing+his+Oak+Hills+bulldog+jersey%2C+and+his+Rocky++Mountain+jersey.+

Former Bulldog Making it to Dream Career in NFL

Troy Bacon  wearing his Oak Hills bulldog jersey, and his Rocky  Mountain jersey.

Troy Bacon wearing his Oak Hills bulldog jersey, and his Rocky Mountain jersey.

Sent in by Troy Bacon

Sent in by Troy Bacon

Sent in by Troy Bacon

Troy Bacon gets a great opportunity in the National Football League

Troy Bacon is a former student and graduate from Oak Hills High School. He joined track & field, baseball, and football. In football Troy played as defensive and offensive lineman his freshman through junior year, and played only offensive lineman his senior year. When Troy graduated he got offered a college scholarship and attended Boise State for two years, Poland State for one year, and finished his career at Rocky Mountain college.

“I had the  opportunity to work with Troy when he came to Oak Hills his second semester of his junior year. Troy is a phenomenal young man very athletic for his big frame, I believe he was able to do a backflip at 6’4” and 295lbs pretty impressive,” comments Rick Notarianni, OHHS Offensive Line Coach and JV Head Football coach.

After Troy finished his college career, he went to the NFL draft where he got deals from the New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans, and Atlanta Falcons. He was an NFL draft prospect, that he could eventually make it to the National Football League. He was originally meant to go to the New Orleans Saints but on May 2, 2019 he was contacted to head to San Francisco 49ers the next morning.

Troy Bacon, former OHHS alum, is now part of the National Football League (NFL) San Francisco 49ers team. 

Troy Bacon is excited that he is achieving his dream career,“It’s a surreal moment. You always think about making it to the NFL, but some days you’re so unsure about it happening. So I’m humble beyond belief, but excited for the opportunities that I have.”

The only advice that Coach Notarianni could give any player who leaves Oak Hills High School then goes to college for athletics is that when a player is blessed with a rare opportunity to make it to the NFL is to take it all in, to remember all the hard work through the last 8 years to get you to this point, and then seize the opportunity and run with it, out work, and out hustle everyone around you.

If you would like more information on Troy Bacon consider keeping up with him on his social media platforms, on Twitter @t_bacon50 and instagram @tbacon5_ .