Fashion of an English Teacher at Oak Hills High School

Find out what the style choices that one teacher is making

April 30, 2019

Senior English Teacher William Kamffer posing in his classroom

Joanna Cruz

Joanna Cruz

Joanna Cruz

There are many things in fashion that capture attention in high school, whether it be following the latest trends or wearing the expensive brands. Whatever the case may be, style is a huge part in students lives on and off campus to show their personality or to just boast about how much their clothing costs. 

From tight and uncomfortable corsets to loose and breathable shirts, fashion has evolved over the decades. With famous brands such as Calvin Klein, Channel, Nike, Versace, Gucci, and many more, fashion plays a role that brings positive and negative outcomes and can influence a person to judge or accept what an individual wears.

What some students may not realize is that their peers are not the only ones with a sense of fashion. Teachers on campus also have to maintain a dress code that is proper for work while still being able to express themselves.

Oak Hills High School English teacher, William Kamffer, is known for his stylish taste. Kamffer created his fashion style by being inspired by the Italians and the British which allows him be professional and relaxed. Students on the OHHS campus may see him breeze by in a suit with his briefcase as he heads to his classroom.

“[My clothing choice comes from] a classical men’s style and is influenced by the Italian style, mostly because it’s climate is similar to Southern California,” Kamffer commented.

Kamffer was slightly influenced by his father from his classy choice of clothes, but he still drew in other ideas from different cultures or places around the world instead of setting himself on one specific person. 

“The first thing is to be aware of the fact that people will judge you by how you dress. It’s not the best feeling in the world but it is true and dressing well does earn a little bit of respect. The second thing I will say is that it’s better to spend a little more money on something with better quality than to buy something cheap – they tend to wear out quicker and they don’t look as nice. The third thing is to consider is to address that dressing well can give a self-image by it being a reflection of them,” Kamffer explained of his advice for fashion choices.

OHHS students give regular compliments to Kamffer of his fashionable looks and style.

“Being a student in high school, you have to think about your needs when it comes to clothing and style. I think that’s true of anyone. A high school student doesn’t need to have a jacket, blazer, or a tie but you can certainly dress to where you are comfortable and stylish but not overdressed, ” said Kamffer on what he would say to a student who is having trouble in finding their own sense of style.

Some students tend to rely heavily on their peers opinions to pick out how they should dress or act. If people are not basing their style off of each other then they are basing it off of their place of work or schooling. Almost all schools have a dress code set in place for students and teachers so they have to find a way to still express themselves under a limit. Kamffer was able to find and express himself while still being professional at his place of work. 

Kamffer is a fashionable teacher who can be spotted from all the way across the campus. If you think he has an amazing sense of style then perhaps he can be your inspiration for future clothing and attitude.