Filed under News

April Monthly Awareness

Three holidays that take place in April

April Monthly Awareness

April is a month filled with many unique holidays that each person may enjoy. There are many big and little holidays to enjoy during the month of thirty days. April is the fourth month of the year and in this month plants start to bloom and it begins to get sunny outside. Not many people are aware of the events and special days that take place in April, and there are a lot of these to consider taking a look at.

“April is my favorite month because of April fools, and the weather,” states OHHS senior Eduardo Castrellon.

April has eleven monthly holidays that each person may get into and enjoy. There are things such as, National Poetry Month, Stress Awareness Month, Autism Awareness Month and Keep America Beautiful Month. With April being National Poetry Month, it is a time where many people can put their feelings into words and create art with feeling and description. Also, stress is common in high school students, in fact about 49 percent of high school students report feeling large amounts of stress. Stress is a large contributor to the lives of many and April can be a month where people focus on it and try to eliminate some of that unwanted stress.

Autism affects 1 in 100 people, meaning that it affects many individuals. Having April as Autism awareness month promotes the developmental disorder and helps others understand how it affects people.

Keep America Beautiful Month, this is a wonderful way to help contribute to keeping America as a beautiful place. Whether this is done by planting trees or flowers, or by just picking up litter found on the streets, there are many ways to contribute to Keep America Beautiful Month.

“High School can be very stressful, so it is nice to know that there is a month dedicated to focusing on this stress, and I think it can be a great way to promote reducing it,” states OHHS senior Mike Rodriguez.

April is a beautiful month filled with many holidays that may be special to each person. There are all sorts of holidays for each person to enjoy whether its one of the many daily holidays, or the monthly ones. Though only three are listed, the many holidays that take place in April should be celebrated and appreciated.

About the Contributor