Summer Movies To Watch

Movies That Have Been Most Popular Lately

April 23, 2019

A picture of a bunch of movies lined up on a viewing screen

Screenshot taken by Esmeralda Rios

Summer is just around the corner and we all just want to sit back, relax and watch movies. There is of course those summer time blues where you want to go out, explore and have an epic summer, but everyone has one of those days where you just want to stay in Pajamas and have a movie night. If it is just you and your food or you and a couple a friends either way it goes, it can turn out to be a great night. Anyways here are a few movie suggestions to get your summer movies on.

“I love going out, but sometimes it is so fun to be big chilling and just hang out and watching movies, to be honest I am really looking forward to watching a bunch of movies,” stated sophomore Taeghan Golembiesky here at OHHS.

Youtube.com

The Last Summer, is a new movie coming out that is a romantic comedy film. A group of young people in Chicago come together during the summer before they head off to college. The movie will be starring KJ Apa, Jacob Latimore, Maia Mitchell and Tyler Posey. It is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2019.

Youtube.com

The Perfect Date, is a comedic romantic movie. A high schooler is seeking to go to the best school, have the best girlfriend, and drive the coolest car but does not have the money. He finds out a way to get the money but who would of ever known you had to pay a price. This movie comes out April 12, 2019 and has been a very well known movie.

Youtube.com

Someone Great, is another comedic romance break up film. Eve (Gina Rodriguez the star) goes through a horrible break up. She ends up leaving her home town but before she leaves she wants to have one more night with her girls and things end up going down. The movie comes out April 19, 2019 so get ready buy your ticket and be ready for a ride with lots of twists.

If Netflix is not your thing and you would rather go to a movie theater to watch a movie, just to get out of the house and have plans throughout this summer. Check out these up and coming movies that will be out in theaters soon.

Youtube.com

Avengers: End Game, is an action adventure fantasy film. After the horrible events of the Avenger Infinity War the remaining avengers will go back and fight in the names of the ones that are lost. Avenger End Game comes out April 26, 2019 and it will be starring Brie Larson, Robert Downey Jr., and Karen Gillan.

YouTube.com

The Lion King, in live action will be an animation adventure drama film. The live actions come out July 19, 2019. Most people have all watched the movie Lion King before but it will now be available in live action. Live action is when everything looks or becomes more realistic then the movie prior.