Filed under Sports

Major League Baseball Grand Opening Day

Opening Day for MLB coming up this week

Major League Baseball Grand Opening Day

A panorama of a professional baseball stadium at night

Wikimedia

Wikimedia

Wikimedia

Opening Day for Major League Baseball is on March 28, 2019. This is an event to kick off baseball season with thirty different teams from all across the United States. These MLB teams will be performing on the MLB network and on Fox Sports. This years Opening Day is the earliest that these baseball teams have ever started their season. 

The MLB scheduling will be starting at 1:05 PM and ESPN will be airing three baseball games. The first game that will be airing is the Baltimore Orioles v.s New York Yankees at 1:05 PM. The second game that will air is the Arizona Diamondbacks v.s the Los Angeles Dodgers at 4:10 PM. The last game that ESPN will air is the Boston Red Sox v.s the Seattle Mariners at 7:08 PM. The rest of the baseball games will be aired on the MLB network.

The Major League Baseball has 30 teams that will be starting such as the New York Mets v.s the Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles vs. New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto Blue Jays, and the Houston Astros vs. Tampa Bay Rays.

The Chicago Cubs vs. Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies vs. Miami Marlins will also be broadcasted. 

Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins, San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals, and Boston Red Sox vs. Seattle Mariners will be closing out the show.

March 28, 2019 gets the fans excited because they can finally attend games and just watch their favorite teams win or try their best. Having the Opening Day gets fans wondering if their team is good enough or better yet if their team will make it to the World Series. Most fans enjoy the games and are able to sit back and relax or scream at their TV for hours. 

“I am excited to watch the Anaheim Angels. Opening Day is special to me because I grew up loving baseball,” comments sophomore Adrian Rodriguez, a football player at OHHS.

Before the big Opening Day, some players from different teams get switched to other teams, get contracts , or have their salary changed. During March Madness you discover more information about teams and their plays, while also being able to connect yourself to players more.

“It’s pretty cool, it is always fun to see what new players your team added and see how they perform,” states OHHS junior Brandyn Root.

Don’t forgot to set your TV for the upcoming MLB games starting at 1:05 PM. There will be new and old players all coming together to bring a win home for their team. The MLB is going to be an exciting time for all baseball fans as their teams make their way onto the field and pick each other off one by one until the champions of the World Series are finalized. 

If you want to learn more information you can check out it out here.