LifeGuard Training Courses to Become Certified

A picture of the pool at lime street park, with people enjoying their time around it.

Taken from the Hesepriaparks.com website

Hesperia Parks and Recreation is currently offering lifeguard training courses. By giving students an opportunity to learn how to help people in dangerous situations such as drowning. Training to be a lifeguard can benefit any high school student, including showing them how to perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).

The fee for the course is $170, $10 of that amount is non-refundable due to a swimming skill assessment. The fee covers the rest of the activities going on in the course. If one does not pass the assessment, the rest of the money will be refunded.

The course is for teens of age 15, at least by the last class session, or older. The dates for the training are from Saturday, March 16, 2019 to Sunday, March 24, 2019. The times of the courses depend on the day. Lifeguard Training Courses take place at the Spring Valley Lake Country Club.

By completing this course, students are not only given life-saving skills, but also a certificated opportunity to work as a lifeguard.

Online registration for the 2019 Lifeguard Training Course opens February 22nd and can be found at the Hesperia Parks and Recreation Aquatics section of the website. To learn more information about the course, go online to www.RedCross.org.