Spring Break in the Desert: Movies to Watch

Four movies to watch over spring break

A+movie+ticket+booth+is+shown+from+a+movie+theater.+

A movie ticket booth is shown from a movie theater.

Alissa Paz

Alissa Paz

Alissa Paz

Each year, over 600 movies are released in the world. With that thought in mind, we can see that spring break is a great time to discover or rewatch some of these films whether they are old or new. With many new movies coming out each month, and the multiple categories that they fit into, there are films of all kinds for each person to enjoy.

“Watching movies is something I do often over spring break, I like watching old movies and even going to the theater with some friends” states Oak Hills High School senior, Mike Rodriguez.

Fighting With My Family (February 2019)

This movie is based on a true story about a girl named Paige, along with her brother Zak. The two are offered a chance to try out for the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment inc.), but only Paige gets a spot in the program. Paige then goes through a journey where she has to leave her family behind and show that she is a star.

Isn’t it Romantic (February 2019)

New York architect Natalie is trying to get more noticed at her job, when one day she is mugged and in the middle of this, knocked unconscious. When she wakes up she finds herself in an “alternate universe” where she is the star in a real-life romantic comedy.

The Breakfast Club (1985)

Five high school students with different backgrounds are all put in a Saturday detention that forces them to see that they are not so different then they assumed. Each student gets a chance to tell their own story, and at the end of the day they all wonder if school will ever be the same for them.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)

Ferris Bueller, a high school student has an interesting skill at cutting classes and getting away with it as well. Ferris attempts to do this again by calling in sick and borrowing a Ferrari from his friend. He goes on a journey in Chicago while his principle, Mr.Rooney, tries to catch him in the act.

Sporadically hilarious, with roots that run far deeper than expected,” states Adam Smith from Empire, about the film.

Though only four movies are listed, there are plenty more for each individual to watch and discover in and out of theaters. Movies are a great way to spend time with family as well as friends and can introduce you to new ideas and topics. Spring break is a great time to watch movies new and old and can be a conversation starter.